Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July 2008





































We decided to have our own little fireworks show this year at Kathy's parents house instead of braving the crowd (with a sick Kathy) at the Hummel Park show in town. We first grilled some steaks and celebrated Jared's 10th birthday. Later came the show. Kathy's Dad bought a number of recreational explosive products for us to launch into the air off after dark from the driveway. We also had fun prior to sundown playing with sparklers, poppers, firecrackers, and spinners. The kids (including Justin) had a blast playing with the sparklers and helping to pick which firework would be lit next. Our "grand finale" was a device the size of a gallon milk jug that launched a fountain of colored pyrotechnics out of the center and then ten tube-launched bursts into the air. We enjoyed watching other homemade firework shows in the neighborhood and later returned home to view some ongoing shows from our back deck. One of our neices (Alisa, age 11) flew back from Arizona with Luaren last Tuesday and is staying with G&G until the 15th. The day after the 4th, Grandpa and I took Alisa and the kids to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis.

5 comments:

Erin said...

We were so deprived living in AZ for the 4th of July!

We love lighting our own fireworks. Cami really liked doing the sparklers as well. Justin looks like he is having a great time.

Thanks for posting all these pictures. It's fun to see what you guys are doing.

Linda Cameron said...

Looks like the family had fun. We are not allowed to light fireworks in the neighborhoods. Someone was shooting off the really high ones that send down "sparkles." My back yard was so full of dead weeds that I was afraid it would cause a fire. Wonder who could have been responsible? I called the police. They came to check it out. I didn't want a callback. I was afraid it might be the big "G" cartel up the street. Hope everyone else had fun!

. said...

I love the 4th of July. Nothing like sparklers to make the kids happy and me nervous. :) The kids are getting so big!

Debbie Lawrence said...

We set off our own fireworks for the first time this year and it was so much fun! I really am glad to live in a place where they are legal. :)

I am so excited that you guys have a blog! I look forward to seeing all the fun things that you guys are doing.

Heather C. said...

I am happy that more family members are blogging now. It is a great way to keep up. My kids love looking at pictures of their cousins. Thanks for sharing.